Vanilla Cake Recipe 2017
Vanilla Cake is one of the most basic and often used recipe for many kinds of cakes and cake preparations. You may use it as it is, or decorated it with your favorite cake icing, or even as base for some other recipes such as cup cakes (which you may decorate with nice-looking cremes or icing on top), fruit jam cakes (where you lavish a spread of your choice fruit jam in between horizontal slices or layers of the cake), or top it with fruits and cream for a delicious, mouth-watering refrigerator cake.
Okay, let us start doing this simple vanilla cake recipe courtesy of countryliving.com
Vanilla cake recipe Ingredients
1 cup sifted cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. whole milk
You will need –
An 8-inch cake pan
A large mixing bowl
A set of measuring cups and spoons
A rubber spatula
An electric mixer
Vanilla cake recipe cooking procedures
1. Preheat the oven to 400º F
2. Coat the cake pan lightly with butter and sprinkle lightly with all-purpose flour.
3. Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) together into a large mixing bowl.
4. Put one heaping ¼ teaspoon of butter into the sifted flour mixture and beat using an electric mixer set at low speed.
5. Repeat step #4 until all the butter is mixed and beaten. The mixture will resemble a coarse sand. Do not over beat
6. Add eggs one at a time and beat at medium to high speed. Do not over beat.
7. Add vanilla extract and milk, and beat on medium to high speed until blended. Do not over beat.
8. Pour into the prepared cake pan
9. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. It should be about after 30 to 35 minutes.
10. Take the cake pan out of the oven and let the cake cool down on a rack for about 5 minutes.
11. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
12. Ice with Browned-Butter Glaze.
You have now the basic vanilla cake recipe!
You may wonder, how do you make the browned-butter glaze? Don’t worry; you will be provided with a simple recipe that very easy to follow. Here it is –
Vanilla cake recipe Ingredients
¼ c. unsalted butter
1¼ c. sifted confectioners’ sugar
¼ tsp. salt
2 tbsp. whole milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Slowly melt the butter until golden brown on a pan over low-to-medium heat. Caution: butter quickly melts and burns!
2. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together: confectioners’ sugar, salt, the whole milk, lemon juice, and zest.
3. In the mixed ingredients (in step #2), add the melted butter slowly while whisking until smooth.
Presto, you have now the butter icing!
Now, to have a delicious-looking, mouth-watering vanilla cake, it would be good to put an icing on the cake.
To do this, follow these simple steps –
1. Put the cake on a flat platter or plate
2. Evenly spread the icing on all sides, and on top of the vanilla cake
3. If your skills have it, you may decorate the icing as you wish
You have now a ready-to-eat vanilla cake.
It is that easy! And simple!
Vanilla Cup Cakes
You can also try using the same vanilla cake recipe and procedure to make eye-popping icing-covered vanilla cup cakes. The only procedure you need to change is: instead of baking the vanilla cake in a single 8-inch cake pan, you will need muffin cake pans. This is the kind of pan – usually rectangular in shape – with recessed circles within, where you pour-in the cake mixture to make cup cakes. Of course, you need to put paper cups on each of the slot provided in the muffin tray, before you pour the cake mixture.
You can easily buy this muffin baking pan, and the paper cups – in various colors and designs – from your nearest supermarket or department store.
After baking, top your vanilla cup cakes with your favorite icing and decorate it as you wish.
Fruit Jam Cake
You may also use your vanilla cake recipe for a Fruit Jam Cake. To do this, follow these simple steps –
1. Slice the 8-inch round vanilla cake horizontally into 2 parts, making 2 layers
2. Spread your favorite fruit jam on the bottom layer. The more fruit jam, the tastier.
3. Place the other layer (the top half) onto the bottom later. You will have now sandwiched the jam.
4. You may simply sprinkle the cake with confectioners’ sugar, or spread over and cover the vanilla cake with butter icing as described previously.
There are still other variations you may want to try to make incredibly good-tasting cakes using vanilla cake as the base ingredient. Some people use the vanilla cake as the base component for making fruit-and-cream refrigerator cake.